RULES AND REGULATIONS
All participants must comply with the event rules and regulations as set out below.
- No Helmet, no ride.
- Participants will need to complete the full distance of the route, cycling under their own steam.
- Riders racing in teams are not allowed to cross the finish line more than 1 min apart.
- Participants need to pass by all the checkpoints as indicated on route, or they may be disqualified.
- Participants must start with at least 750 ml of water at departure.
- Participants are requested to start each stage with a fully charged cell phone.
- Riders are responsible for all their spares to complete the stage. Tech stations will be available at the designated refreshment point each day.
- Any deviation off the marked route will not be the responsibility of the organizer.
- Any known medical problems should be reported to the medical director at registration.
- If a participant is unable to finish a stage under own steam, regardless of circumstances, the participant will then be branded as a “DRIFTER”and given a new number that allows the participant to participate in the remaining stages of the race whilst forfeiting their race position.
- Drifters will no longer be in contention for prize money and no longer feature on the general classification results.
- Drifters will still be eligible for lucky draw prizes
- Leaders Jerseys & Vests must be worn by leaders of their respective categories.
Leaders who do not comply will be given a time penalty.
- A category must have 5 or more participants taking part, for a category to be recognized and have a podium ceremony each day.. Prize money will only be applicable if 5 or more participants were entered into the event. (u/18, u/16)